Bernard L. Marie - Founder of Penta Corporation
1982 – Present: President and CEO of Penta Corporation, providing business marketing and sales services to domestic and international organizations, including management of several US export concerns in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
1964 – 1979: Based in Switzerland and Lebanon, Mr. Marie was business representative and consultant for companies with interests around the globe, spending extended periods of time in Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Kuwait and Qatar while making substantive contributions to the development of the organizations' growth, revenue and profits. As the International Sales Director of Masson, a French manufacturer of gearboxes for marine motors, he negotiated and secured contracts with Caterpillar, Rolls Royce, Fiat, Cummins, Volvo, Pegaso and Mercedes, establishing Masson number one among European competitors.
Since 1979, Mr. Marie has as also been associated with the COPALEX Corporation as both Executive Managing Director and consultant. COPALEX, a private construction firm, was created to combine the assets of five general contractors with interests in South America, Saudi Arabia, Africa and Malaysia.
In ongoing positions as managing director of several companies, Mr. Marie has developed contacts with international banks, facilitating the issuing of bid bonds, performance bonds and advance payment bonds in accordance with the specific requirements of Arab and African governments. He was able in several cases to raise financing for government projects in association with a major Arab finance company (SAFI).
From 1982 until 1986 Mr. Marie was the owner and publisher of The Indiana Business Magazine. This connection allowed him to provide new advertising opportunities for Indiana manufacturers and agri-businesses, domestically and abroad.
In 1995, Mr. Marie created Software World, Inc., which imports and distributes language-learning software for marketing in several languages throughout North, South and Central America and the Caribbean, supplying these materials to language departments and language labs of innumerable universities, colleges and high schools throughout the US, as well as to domestic businesses, multinational corporations and government agencies. Due to a new way of supplying the foreign language program, the school will get a subscription to a link for the program, the publisher does not need a distributor with inventory of software on CD-Rom.
In all of his capacities, Mr. Marie maintains top-level contacts in the Philippines, Pakistan, Thailand and other Asian countries, providing reliable labor personnel, both skilled and unskilled, for turnkey construction projects in the Middle East, South America, Africa and Europe.He possesses long experience in import/export operations and negotiations, resulting in valuable business relationships in industrial sectors including mechanical, electrical and plumbing services, security systems, furniture and hospital equipment, telecommunications, hotel and hospital management and consumer products.
Education and Personal Information
- French Baccalaureate Degree in Philosophy at St. Jean de Béthune.
- Three years undergraduate study Kensington College (University of London) before being drafted by the French military during the war in Algeria.
- Numerous professional courses and training programs in the United States, England and Germany.
- Dual nationality - United States and France.
- Fluent in English and French. Good speaking competency in German. Understands and reads Spanish and Italian. Speaks Arabic.
Bernard L. Marie is available for speaking engagements
Here are some of the subjects based on Bernard's expertise:
- Life under the Nazi occupation in France
- D-Day June 6, 1944 - living the invasion
- Consequences of the war in Iraq for the world
- Terrorists cannot be defeated
- Democracy cannot be exported as a copy of ours
- World economy and how to increase the minimum wage
- Russia will never be a country that we can trust
- Education in the USA - the curriculum should be adapted to the world economy
- Foreign Languages a must for future employees